Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Feeling Nostalgic ... Class of 2015!


While taking class pictures at one of the palaces in Seoul ... this one makes me chuckle.

Our lovely Esther!
The Boys!   
 I love my students here at KAPA, they are MY Kiddos!  Both current students and those who have now graduated and are in their first year of college. There are students in all the classes that I have felt connections with, some with a closer bond than with others, but I love them all. 

Today however, I'm feeling a little partial to the senior class that I am a sponsor of. Perhaps it is because we are at mid-terms, and they are almost finished with this school year (though they do not graduate until 2015, we won't see them as much after December, unless they come back on weekends while working on their online duel-credit classes or if they come back as student workers/aides ... hope and pray this can happen for we need good tutors as we increase in number). They are probably extra special to me, seeing as they are graduating the same year as my high school class is having a rather significant reunion!  Yikes, how did the years skip by quickly?  Another special thing about this class is that on my first day teaching here, two years ago, students from this class made me feel especially welcome and honored! It was so surprising to have students welcome me so enthusiastically, and with sincerity wish me a good day. I was dissapointed when I discovered I would not have them in class for another semester.  I recall receiving a few bows with those ... hmm, what happened, we don't see those very often now?  I digress ...

Though they are significantly smaller in number than my graduating class (a class of 6 vs. 106+), they remind me at times of the class I graduated with.  They are quite different and unique from each other, yet they are very close.  They get irritated with one another at times, make silly mistakes and are kings of procrastination ... yet if someone is in need, they regularly pitch-in to help. They pray for, or ask for prayer for those that they care about, including those that irritate them.  Overall, a very generous group, highly admired by the underclassmen and helpful to faculty and staff. I'm so proud to be their sponsor. Even if at times I may get frustrated  (I wonder how often my classmates and I frustrated our teachers and sponsors at times). They keep me laughing and I feel blessed to work with them.  I'm so glad they are the class of 2015!  I'm going to miss these kiddos!



When told to look at Danny, as though he told a funny, real laughter erupted, and many of their personalities show through here.  These kids keep us laughing and smiling!  They have become a family in just over two years.  I love these kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment